Abandon All Morals
Ye Who Enter Here

Sunday, March 22, 2015

So I haven't really reviewed anything yet, so I figured I would start with one of my favorite series by Maya Banks.


The McCabe Trilogy:
Set in....old times in Scotland. Each book is about one of the three McCabe brothers, Ewan, Alaric, Caelen and their future wives, Mairin, Keeley, and Rionna. Each couple faces struggles and conflict, threats from their pasts and present.
I have read these books so many times it's a little crazy. And every time I've read them I get a little annoyed at the whole women in their place thing, but hey, I'm a woman. Go figure. Every time one of the guys would "put them in their place" I wanted to punch them. But it's the time period of the book so it's accurate. I loved  the love story aspect, because the love built it wasn't an instant thing. There wasn't anything that ruled the books, you know some books are so focused on one thing, the love, revenge, etc., but these aren't like that. Everything is important and blends into the next book without creating an annoying cliffhanger. There were parts of this series that made me cry, especially the ending of the second one, but they also made me laugh. They were witty, and emotional. I loved them. And never forget the more sinful aspects....they were great to.
So if you like alpha males and the women who defy them, an emotional roller coaster of sorts, and old timey dirty talk, you should give this a shot.
***If you like this series try The Montgomery & Armstrongs. Same time period, awesome story. Though I have no idea if she will ever finish the series. (Insert sad face)

No comments:

Post a Comment